Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Best of 2012

It is the end of the year which means it is time for me to share some of our favorite "new" recipes of 2012.

I have been teased for always trying new things, and in the age of Pinterest, I find more and more "new" to try. Don't get me wrong, we have some tried and true favorites that have been in our family for a while now and are part of our regular routine. But I do like to try new recipes, and as I was gathering this list while looking over the year, I am thankful I did. I would have missed out on some really good food otherwise!

So here is my list...

Beef:
Bubble Up Enchiladas (I am missing these...due to dietary restrictions, one of my kiddos isn't eating tomato products right now which means no enchilada sauce. :(  Hopefully soon)

Korean Beef (quick and delicious, kind of a cheap version of Mongolian beef, great for a quick dinner kind of night)

Pot Roast Pizzaiola (crockpot, 3 ingredients, and delicious)

Salisbury Steak (a comfort food, very filling)

Skillet Steak (great for when we can't get out to grill)

Taco Pasta Bake (easy and tasty, I hope to make it again soon)

Bread:
Cheese Stuffed Rolls (one of the most delicious breads I have tried yet)

Cinnamon Swirl Bread (a favorite of the kids for breakfast, wonderful treats to make for others)

Garlic Parmesan Crusty Bread (fairly easy though you have to plan ahead, I hope to try some new combinations this next year)

French bread (one of my very favorites...have I said lately how much I LOVE bread?)

Chicken:
Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken with Fried Rice (time consuming, so it is usually a weekend treat but there are rarely leftovers when I make it)

Butter Cream Chicken (on the menu for this week...it is so yummy)

Creamy White Chili (Oh, yum!)

Desserts:
Oreo Cupcakes (my daughter started us on these, they are really "pretty" and taste good too)

Fish/Shrimp:
Panko Encrusted Swai (panko and swai are two of my favorite "new" finds for the year)

Swai in Lemon Butter Sauce (by far, according to my stat counter, the most viewed...I don't know who is looking for swai recipes but it is the most "searched" for by non-regular readers from what I can tell!)

Grilled:
Key West Shrimp and Chicken Kabobs (VERY easy and VERY yummy)

 Grilled Shrimp Boil Kabobs (a family favorite, rarely any leftovers)

Other:
Bubble Up Pizza (made very much like Bubble Up Enchiladas...my kids love this meal)

Skillet Sausage and Potatoes (the ultimate in comfort food)

Herbed Pizza Crust (which I use for my favorite 4 Cheese White Pizza...just had this tonight)

Pizza Bread (quick and easy, my favorite combo...one of my hubby's favorites of the year I think)

Sandwiches:
Pizza Grilled Cheese (I usually make these for myself only but it is a favorite quick lunch of mine)

Side Dishes:
Almond Rice Pilaf (jazzes up white rice a bit)

Cole Slaw (just happened upon an easy recipe that I loved, very easy!)

Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes (my "go-to" potato recipes)

Parmesan Baked Potato Halves (classy but easy)

So, what was new and loved from your kitchen for 2012?

Reba
PS I don't know about you but I am looking forward to seeing what kinds of foods 2013 brings...

1 comment:

Food for Thought (Comments)