Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bubble Up Enchiladas

Yes, another Pinterest recipe.

Something that caught my eye.

Last week, I decided to give it a try.

SOOOO glad I did.

It was easy. Fast. And yummy.

Is there a better combination?

One of my children who used to turn his/her nose up at Mexican food of any kind ended up eating half of this meal...himself! (Oops, I guess that gives up the whole his/her comment above)

I will definitely be making this again.

Oh, the original recipe (click on words above) was a very low fat recipe. I made it close to the original recipe, but my family really likes ground beef, so we did that rather than ground turkey. Probably not quite as healthy, but I do use a fairly low fat beef...

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground turkey (or in our case, ground beef), browned and drained...of course, as is usual for us, we had more like 1.5 pounds

1 can tomato sauce (called for an 8 oz, I used a slightly larger one because that was what I had plus I had extra ground beef)

1 can mild enchilada sauce (10 oz, the RED sauce)

1 can reduced fat refrigerated biscuits (I used the light Grands)

1 1/4 cups shredded Mexican cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.

After browning/draining meat, pour the tomato sauce and enchilada sauce over the meat.

In the original recipe, you cut put the biscuits into fourths and stir into the beef mixture. I just cut the biscuits into several pieces.

I just cut the biscuits apart and spread across the 9 x 13 dish (greased).

Then I poured the enchilada sauce/tomato sauce/ground beef over the top.

Bake for 25 minutes.

Take out and sprinkle Mexican cheese over the top.

Return to oven and bake for 10 minutes more (or until cheese is melted).

Enjoy!

Like I said, very easy. Very simple. And very yummy.

My favorite combination.

2 comments:

  1. That looks really yummy:-) I am making the spaghetti braid again tonight with a salad. The stuffed shells with spinach did not go over so well--I think my kids would have liked them better with cheese only:-) I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made something called bubble pizza for years. It's very similar, and it's a much easier way to do a homemade pizza type meal than making regular pizza.

    ReplyDelete

Food for Thought (Comments)