Monday, June 11, 2012

4 Cheese White Pizza

I have been in the mood for pizza for a while.  My dear husband promised me when he got a job (I don't remember if I mentioned on this blog but his position was eliminated unexpectedly a couple of weeks ago) that I could order a pizza from my favorite Chicago pizzeria (it is shipped on dry ice then baked here :).  And I have been dreaming about it.

Except this job thing is more complicated than I thought.

Not in a bad way. 

He is just not rushing into any decisions, exploring options (and doing some work while he waits).

Meanwhile, my pizza craving has intensified.

And while we haven't given up eating out, with three birthdays this month, our eating out budget is used up.

So I decided to make some homemade pizza.

Sometimes I buy ready made pizza crusts and we create our own.

But today I was in the mood to make it all.

The crust.

The sauce.

The pizza.

When I saw this recipe via Pinterest, I knew I had to create a similar pizza.  It has everything I like in a pizza.  Crust.  Olive oil.  Garlic.  And cheese.  Lots of cheese.

I did make a regular pizza for the rest of the crew.  (Pepperoni and cheese)

This one was for me.  I did let a couple of my kids try it though. :)

Now for the actual pizza, I used a different crust recipe which I will share tomorrow.

This recipe is just for the actual topping.

I used the original recipe as a guide, but changed things a little.  And I didn't truly measure very much. :)

Ingredients:
a crust, ready to bake

3 Tbsp olive oil

Minced garlic (around 3 cloves)

Ricotta cheese (I used light :)

Mozzarella cheese (I used fresh, about 7 ounces)

Feta cheese crumbles (I used in place of goat cheese)

Parmesan, shredded

Fresh basil, thinly sliced

Directions:

Mix garlic and olive oil.  Spread about 2 Tbsp on the uncooked crust, leaving a "crust" around the outside edge.

Layer (I don't think order really matters, though I put the Parmesan on top since it is the "lightest" cheese) the four cheeses all over the crust.

Place some fresh basil slices around the top of the pizza.

Drizzle the remaining olive oil/garlic over the top of the pizza.

Bake for about 18-20 minutes.

The original recipe said at 450 degrees.

The crust recipe said 400.

I went with the crust recipe's direction since I was cooking two different pizzas.

I just kept an eye on it.

Then as soon as it was ready, I had it out on my plate, ready to eat.

Yum.

I limited myself to 2 pieces since it was approximately 300 calories a slice.

However, I wanted to eat more.

Yum.

More soon,
Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)