Saturday, September 8, 2012

Parmesan Baked Potato Halves

I really wish I had taken better pictures. And I will try to next time. The night I made these, it was my grilling smorgasbord so I had a lot going on. I just got a few quick "shots" wit the camera. And these pictures do not do these justice.

I wanted a good but easy potato recipe to go with our grilled goodies. I played around on Pinterest and somehow happened upon this recipe.

Just what I wanted.  I would encourage you to to the original site because her pictures are SOOO much nicer :)

Really, go look.

Much nicer.

Even in real life, mine didn't look quite that nice.

But they were still tasty.

Hubby gave them two thumbs up.

Ingredients:
6-8 small potatoes scrubbed and halved (you can use any kind of potato, I decided to use red this time...I like the texture of them

1/4 cup butter (I did use Blue Bonnet light)

Grated/shredded Parmesan (I shredded it fresh with my rotary cheese shredder)

Garlic powder

Other seasonings (after reading through comments,  I went with a little rosemary...I think Italian would be good too)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Put butter in a 9 x 13 dish.  Put in oven while it preheats to melt it.  You can also melt it in the microwave and just pour it in the dish but I am all about reducing the number of dishes I have to wash :)

Generously sprinkle shredded Parmesan all over the butter.

Sprinkle garlic powder and other seasonings over the cheese.

Place potatoes, cut side down onto the cheese mixture.

Bake for 40-45 minutes.

Cool for 5 minutes or so before removing from pan.

You can serve it with sour cream, though honestly, it was good all on its own. :)

Simple but good.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)