Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pot Roast Pizzaiola

Did I mention I am not a professional photographer? I probably don't need to mention it...

Anywho, once again, I was browsing on Pinterest and saw a picture that caught my eye (and my stomach); obviously these people DO know how to take good food pictures. And I just knew I had to try it.

When I read through the recipe, it sounded very similar to a family recipe we have called "Pizza Steak". That was one of my favorite foods growing up, though I haven't had made it much as an adult for various reasons.

I will say that this recipe, other than the lack of cheese that Pizza Steak has, was equally as good and worked for us.

It is easy.

Simple.

And good.

I had a thumbs up from all at the table I believe. And at least two went back for more.

That is a success in my book.

Are you ready for this lengthy list of ingredients?

Ingredients:
1 yellow onion, chopped (I knew my family would pick them out so I chopped big pieces just for flavor)

4 or 5 pound chuck roast (Mine was 3.6 lbs. Any bigger would NOT have fit in my crockpot. And my crockpot is not really small...)

1 jar of spaghetti sauce (I used Prego, a Chunky version with onion, garlic, and tomatoes I think)

Directions:
Layer in a crockpot: onions, chuck roast, spaghetti sauce.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 3-5 hours.

I served it with Schwan's Baby Roasted Bakers (lightly seasoned potatoes) and rolls.

I would have made a salad too but we were limited on time.

I made this meal, the family enjoyed it, and I found myself wondering, "Why did this never cross my mind before?"

Simple and easy.

And good.

My favorite combination.

Happy cooking!
Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)