Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Swai in Lemon Butter Sauce

As you know, swai fish is one of my new favorite foods. I love it. Really. It is such a light fish with good flavor. And not very "fishy" for a fish. That and it is low in calories. Oh, and cheap. Really, it is all you could want in a fish and more.

The last few times I have made it, I used our panko encrusted swai recipe.

I would eat that meal over and over.

But I thought I should try something different for the other people in the house.

And this just sounded good.

I found a couple of recipes online that were almost identical, so I am not sure who to give credit to. I guess you could try this one or that one.

I followed the recipe fairly closely.

Ingredients:
Swai fillets, thawed (I made 7 for our family of 6...I think I had a half of one leftover for my lunch the next day)

salt and pepper

1/4-1/2 cup flour

1 tbsp olive or vegetable oil

2 tbsp unsalted butter (I did use blue bonnet light)

1/2 cup white wine

1 tbsp lemon juice

2 tsp fresh thyme leaves

Directions:
Salt and pepper both sides of the swai.

Dredge the swai in the flour. (I put the flour in a ziplock bag, threw the swai in there, and shook to my heart's content).

Heat 1 tbsp butter and the tbsp of oil over medium high heat.

When the oil/butter is hot, add the swai and cook for about 3 minutes on each side. It should flake easily.

Remove swai from heat.

Add the white wine, lemon juice, and thyme to the same skillet you cooked the swai in. Cook over medium heat until boiling. When it comes to a boil, turn the heat down and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring. (The "browned" parts from the fish can be stirred in...yum!)

After it is heated through, turn off the oven and add the remaining tablespoon of butter to the sauce mixture.

Serve the sauce over the swai fillets.

We ate ours with almond rice pilaf, garlic bread, and carrot sticks/Ranch.

Enjoy!

Reba

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great recipe for Swai. Sounds excellent w/ almond rice pilaf! I'll check-out the potato encrusted recipe as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delicious! Can't wait to try Swai. Thanks for sharing on our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". Hope you come back next week. -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

Food for Thought (Comments)