Saturday, February 25, 2012

Bubble Up Pizza

One night a friend of mine on Facebook mentioned "Bubble Up Pizza". I had just made Bubble Up Enchiladas and really liked them. So when I saw a recipe for the pizza on Pinterest, I was further inspired to make some. Especially since our eating out has slowed down recently. And I started counting calories.

The recipe sounded very familiar to the Pizza Snowballs I make, just in one pan. And with the sauce IN it rather than in a bowl for dipping.

And easy. Did I mention easy?

I followed the recipe (link above), but did make some changes to suit our family. Here is my version.

Ingredients:
1 can Grands biscuits (I used the reduced fat Golden Wheat just to cut down on calories), quartered

15 oz. pizza sauce (I used the Contadina Squeeze...it is my favorite)

shredded cheese (I shredded a small block of 2% sharp cheddar and a small block of mozzarella)

Italian seasoning

pepperoni (I made half with mini pepperonis and half with turkey pepperoni)

shredded Parmesan

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

In a bowl, place quartered biscuits, pizza sauce, about 3/4 of the shredded cheese, and pepperoni (or any other pizza ingredients you might want to include). I did NOT include the pepperoni at this point because I was making half and half with the two types of pepperoni.

Spoon (I just kind of dumped) the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan.

That is the point I added the pepperoni, kind of pressing it down into the mixture.

Then I sprinkled it with Italian seasoning. Just because I like that flavoring...

Bake for 25 minutes.

Take out and top with remaining cheese. I also added some shredded Parmesan to the top just because I really love Parmesan...and using my rotary shredder. :)

Return to oven for 5-10 more minutes, until cheese is melted.

Then enjoy!

It did remind me of the pizza snowballs which we love. (I also like that I can "personalize" the ingredients in those more.) But this was a nice quick meal when I don't have time to make snowballs. :) And it works to fix my pizza cravings since we used to eat pizza on average once a week...

More soon.
Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)