Saturday, March 19, 2011

Flank Steak

Several years ago, we visited my sister in Kansas. She served me this recipe for the first time and it quickly became a family favorite. We don't have it as often as I would like but when we do, we enjoy it whole-heartedly!

Please disregard the lighting in this pic...it really is much yummier than it photographs.

Flank Steak:
Take a 2 lb flank steak. Score it diagonally on both sides. Rub dry mustard and black pepper into each side. (I have grown to love my "pepper grinder"...it is my new favorite toy.)

Cut the flank steak into strips against the grain (perpendicular).

Place in a shallow bowl or a ziplock bag (that is what I use).

Pour vegetable oil, soy sauce, and chopped green onion over the steak. I have no exact measurement. I just pour until at least part of the steak is covered. :)

Refrigerate overnight.

I usually try to flip my bag around to make sure it all gets the oil marinade. Usually. If I remember.

The next night, grill. I can't tell you how to grill since I have NO clue how to operate the grill. That is my husband's job. Just grill until it looks the way you like it. For us that is very little pink.

Enjoy!

We typically eat ours with black eyed peas, fried potatoes (recipe coming soon), bread (Katie's bread :), and sometimes a salad.

I didn't say it was healthy.

But it sure is yummy!

Happy cooking,
Reba
PS I have prepared it the morning of and it works. But it is much more tender and flavorful if you prepare it the night before.

1 comment:

  1. Made this for dinner! It was a hit, everyone liked it! Thanks for sharing.

    My only complaint is the mess in my refrigerator from not sealing my ziploc bag tight enough. Lesson learned!

    ReplyDelete

Food for Thought (Comments)