Sunday, March 6, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Smokies

This recipe came from my sister. I am not totally positive this is the official name but honestly I am too tired to walk into the kitchen to check. So we will go with it and I will edit if necessary. :) My sister makes this for our appetizer day (we have one every Thanksgiving or Christmas, depending on which holiday we are together) and they disappear quickly. I made them tonight for our life group, so I thought I would share the recipe. Easy, easy, easy.

Bacon Wrapped Smokies
Take one package of Lil Smokies
1 package of bacon, cut in half (okay, it took a little more than a package for me...)
1 cup of brown sugar

Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with aluminum foil.

Wrap each Lil Smokie with a piece of bacon.

Pour the cup of brown sugar over the top...yes, it is alot but trust me, it is worth it.

Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes (I actually did it about 30 tonight just to keep them hot).

Enjoy.

Really, it is that easy.

And oh so yummy!

Happy cooking!
Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)