Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cholesterol Raising Hashbrowns


I really think there could be a better name for these, but this is the title my mom gave it when she gave me the recipe. Trust me, they taste much better than the name sounds. :)

These are a family favorite (for those who eat potatoes). We typically only have them if we grill out but really they would go with a lot of dishes. I could just eat these for a meal alone though I try not to since they are obviously not the healthiest recipe.

Cholesterol Raising Hashbrowns

2 lb bag frozen Southern-style hashbrown potatoes
2-3 slices of bacon, diced
1/4 cup margarine
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2-3 green onions, sliced

Fry the bacon in a large skillet until almost crisp.

Add margarine and vegetable oil to the skillet and heat until the margarine melts.

Add frozen hashbrowns and green onion.

Cook until potatoes are done (I stir often) and are starting to brown. That depends on taste too because my husband likes them to be brown and crispy. I have to watch him or he will take over cooking these when I am working on them to get them that way.

Enjoy!

Happy cooking.
Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)