Monday, March 14, 2011

Easy Cheesy Spaghetti

Today was not a nice weather kind of day. It was cool and wet all day long. So we needed something warm and filling for dinner. It seemed like a good Easy Cheesy Spaghetti kind of day.

This meal is pretty easy and can be made ahead. My favorite combination. That being said, I didn't really make it that far ahead this time around.

Easy Cheesy Spaghetti

Take 2 pounds of ground beef (we use 93/7 %). Brown. The original recipe (which came from my dear co-worker Claudia of Baked Potato Soup fame) calls for a chopped onion. I didn't mess with that. Any time I cook ground beef, I throw in some dried minced onion and garlic. It makes it much more bearable to smell when it is cooking. :) Drain the meat.

At the same time, boil water and cook a package of spaghetti. I use whole grain spaghetti. It took me a time or two to get used to the texture but honestly now, I don't like the plain white/flour spaghetti! After cooking it according to package directions, drain the spaghetti.

In a LARGE bowl, mix together spaghetti, ground beef, 2 cans of tomato soup, and 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup (we use the low fat). Pour into a 9 x 13 inch pan. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top. (We use the 2%) Here is a picture of it half done...

Bake in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes or until "bubbly". Again, I am not a food photographer. I really need to learn some lighting techniques. But trust me, it really is good. All six of us ate it. Joshua alone had three helpings. He told me his favorite parts were the cheese and the "sgetti". I served it with garlic/cheese bread (just frozen). I would have served some leftover salad from last night but I ate that for lunch. :)

This does make a lot so if your family is smaller in numbers, I think you could easily halve the recipe.
Happy cooking!
Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)