Thursday, March 8, 2012

Rosemary Rolls


Not long ago I was browsing on Pinterest (surprise, surprise...not really) and stumbled upon a recipe for Buttered Rosemary Rolls on the Pioneer Woman's blog.

I thought, "I need to try those."

Well today I starting thinking about what kind of bread to have at dinner. I was making Lasagna Rolls (recipe soon) which just screams "garlic bread" to me. Unfortunately, I had no garlic bread waiting for me in the freezer.

But I did have some frozen Rhodes roll dough (white dinner rolls).

So when I was at home for lunch, I pulled about 7 out and placed them on a dish (actually a skillet) sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.

By the time we got home, the rolls had thawed and risen. They looked beautiful.

Except at that point I realized that I wasn't sure the skillet (I don't have an iron skilled) could go into the oven. I do have some that will but wasn't so sure on this one.

So I ended up transferring them to a round pie dish. In the process, they lost some of their "fluff". :(

Live and learn.

Anyway, I used Pioneer Woman's recipe as a guideline but I was determined to have a little taste of garlic...

Ingredients:
Rhodes White Dinner Rolls (thawed and "risen")...I used 7.

4 tbsp melted butter (I used Blue Bonnet Light Margarine due to calories sake)

Garlic powder or salt

Sea Salt

Rosemary (fresh, chopped)

Directions:
Brush the rolls with melted butter.

Sprinkle liberally with garlic powder/salt and rosemary.

Brush one more time with butter.

Sprinkle with sea salt.

Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes (or at least that works for the Rhodes rolls).

Enjoy.

I really wasn't sure what Rosemary tasted like but now I know.

And I have to say, I LIKE it!

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)