Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Oreo Milkshake (a "light" version")

Last weekend, I was really craving a shake. But since I am counting calories, shakes are not on the friendly list. At least not friendly for my waistline. I found a recipe on Pinterest for a lowfat/low cal version. It involved ice, milk, and Oreos. I was so excited...a low calorie shake. Except I didn't like it. Not at all. The texture was really "off" to me. It gave me no feelings of having a shake.

So I browsed Facebook again and found another version. This version had non-fat frozen yogurt. I had a feeling this was more in line with what I wanted in my "shake". And it was. I really enjoyed it. My only issue was that I blended it for too long and got distracted with the dog so it wasn't as creamy as it could have been (a bit more melted :). Next time I will blend with care and vigilance. :)

This recipe came from the Weight Watchers website.

I halved the recipe which supposedly was "2" servings rather than "4". I just poured the whole "2" servings into my glass which is what you see above. Not alot! But still, it gave me a taste of a shake for fewer calories...

Ingredients:
1 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt (though chocolate would probably be good too :)
1/4 cup milk (I use 1%)
2 Oreos/chocolate sandwich cookies (I used the No Sugar Oreos just to lower calories a little)

The original recipe also calls for an optional mint extract addition (1/16 tsp) but I opted not to use it. :)

Directions:
Blend the yogurt and milk together.

Add the Oreos and blend a little longer.

Enjoy!

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)