Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Filet Mignon, Restaurant Style





If you are a vegetarian, you may want to skip this post.

It is about meat.

Delicious meat.

Melt in your mouth meat.

Tender and seasoned meat.

I saw a recipe on Pinterest not long ago for a restaurant style Filet Mignon.

My mouth was watering just looking at the picture.

But as much as we love steak, it isn't something we eat very often. Kinda costly you know.

But this week was Child 2's week to choose a meal.

And guess what she wanted?

Steak!

So this seemed like a perfect opportunity to try this recipe out.

I even went out and bought my first ever iron cast skillet! Just for this recipe. (I think I will use it for others too...)

I won't type up the recipe because I would feel like a copycat. I mean, I followed the recipe on the website below VERY closely. The only differences? We cooked five filets AND I probably cooked ours a couple minutes too long. Next time I will follow the time guidelines on this site.

I will just say it was amazing.

And we will eat this again.

Except next time we will do it for a date night so we only have to buy two. :)

Here is the recipe.

Oh, we had this with potatoes in white sauce, black eye peas, and cheese stuffed breadsticks.

Did I say how much I loved this meal?

Oh, and the best part...quick.

Quick and yummy.

What could be better than that?

Reba

1 comment:

  1. I am so wanting to do this recipe--I agree with you about it being expensive though-and of course all of my kids love steak :-) It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Food for Thought (Comments)