Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Parmesan Mashed Potatoes

Yes, this looks just like the picture from the Ranch House Crock Pot Pork Chops I posted the other day. That is because I made both of these things together. And they were delicious together. But though I loved the pork chops, I am pretty sure I could have eaten the whole dish of mashed potatoes. Yum.

This recipe (just like the last) came from this website.

First of all, this recipe calls for roasted garlic. This step takes an hour and 15 minutes. Or in my case, 40 minutes because I didn't think ahead an hour. So, don't make the mistake I did. Plan ahead.

How to roast garlic:
Wrap a bulb of garlic in aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour at 350. After one hour, remove from oven and let it cool off. Then remove the needed number of cloves, peel skin off, and mash with a fork.

Okay, so here is the recipe for the potatoes.

Ingredients:
4 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
5 tbsp butter
1 cup fresh grated Parmesan (mine was more fresh shredded)
6 cloves roasted garlic
1 1/2 cups warm milk
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp black pepper (I use the fresh ground)

Directions:
Place potatoes in a large pan with cold water that covers the potatoes.

Bring to a boil.

Cook for 10-12 minutes (boiling). A fork should easily pierce the potatoes.

Drain the potatoes and transfer to a mixing bowl.

Use the mixer to mix on low until the potatoes are mashed.

Then add the remaining ingredients.

I think I added a little too much milk, so mine were a bit runny.

But even in their runny state, I enjoyed each and every bite!

Happy cooking!
Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)