Friday, October 7, 2011

One Minute Peanut Butter/Chocolate Cake

This is another Pinterest recipe.

Last week, I tried another "microwave cake" recipe with the kids. It didn't work so well. It looked good but it was similar to eating a sponge.

So I was hesitant when I saw yet another microwave cake recipe.

Except the picture (the original one, not mine above) caught my eye. That and the whole peanut butter thing.

In fact, I couldn't get it out of my mind.

So that very night, I just had to try it myself.

And I liked it.

So this week, after dinner one night, I put all of the ingredients out on the table and I let the kids make their own.

The kids liked them too.

The original recipe can be found here.

Ingredients:
1 egg, beaten
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder (NOT soda)
1 heaping tbsp flour
2 tbsp peanut butter (I use the "natural" kind)
2 tsp or so chocolate chips (I used the mini, semi-sweet chocolate)...this is optional :)
1 tsp milk
1 tbsp powdered sugar

Directions:
Mix together the egg, brown sugar, baking powder, flour, peanut butter, and chocolate chips.

Spoon/pour into a greased ramekin.

Put in the microwave for 30 seconds. (I have been putting it for closer to 50...I try to be cautious when it comes to eggs.)

Meanwhile, stir together the milk and powdered sugar.

When the cake is down, pour the "frosting" over the top and enjoy.

I have made the "frosting" both times and it is okay but I would eat the cake without it too...

It is a nice quick fix for a sweet craving, and if you like peanut butter and chocolate, this will do the trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)