Thursday, October 20, 2011

Honey Mustard Glazed Bacon Wrapped Chicken

This recipe was a Pinterest recipe. It was one of those foods I saw the photo of and just knew we had to try it. So this week was the week.

I found this recipe at this site. By the way, their photo is much prettier than mine. Oh, their name is different than mine...but it is basically the same thing. So thankful I happened upon it. It was quick, easy, and delicious.

Ingredients:
1 lb. chicken breasts (cut into strips)...I will be honest. I just used chicken tenderloins. Much easier.
bacon slices (I just used regular, one strip per tenderloin
3 tbsp honey (I doubled)
2 tsp coarse mustard (I doubled)
fresh lemon juice (I didn't have fresh...mine was just from a lemon juice bottle)

Directions:
Wrap a slice of bacon around each chicken strip/tenderloin.

Place the chicken on a cookie sheet (I used one with a little bit of a lip to contain the juices).

Mix together the honey and mustard. Squirt a little lemon juice into the mixture.

Brush on the bacon wrapped chicken with a pastry brush. (Use only half the marinade)

Bake at 425 for 10-13 minutes. I think I went more for 15.

Take out, flip the chicken and brush the other side with the remaining marinade.

Return to oven for 10-13 minutes.

Watch carefully.

I think I kept mine for a bit longer.

My bacon didn't get nearly as crispy as the picture showed it on the original recipe website.

But hubby checked it out and declared it fine.

That was all I needed.

Well, it was a hit. My family really liked it. Even my daughter (the one who won't touch anything mustard) chowed down on it, praising the meal. Of course, we waited until the meal was over to tell her that it had mustard in it.

I served ours with rice and French bread. I would have thrown in a salad or some raw veggies on the side but I didn't have any.

Happy cooking!
Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)