Friday, October 14, 2011

Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Potatoes


I have made a recipe similar to this many times but it always involved the cubed potato hashbrowns (Southern style). This recipe uses the shredded hashbrowns. Who knew a different way to cut potatoes could make such a difference in taste? These potatoes were DELICIOUS. I wanted to eat the whole pan myself.

This recipe came from Pinterest. The original recipe can be found here.

Ingredients:
2 lb bag shredded hashbrown potatoes
salt and pepper to taste
8 oz sour cream (I did use light)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 stick butter
1/2 cup chopped onion (I am pretty sure I used less...my crew is not big into onions)
2 cups grated cheddar cheese

Directions:
Spread potatoes in a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. I used a glass dish.

Season with salt and pepper. I used freshly ground sea salt and freshly ground peppercorn.

Melt butter in the microwave.

In a bowl, mix butter, onion, soup, and sour cream.

Pour/spread mixture over the potatoes.

Top with cheddar cheese.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)