Sunday, September 2, 2012

Labor Day Smorgasbord (The Menu)

There are only so many ways you can say "menu" in the title and get creative.  I don't know if anyone even cares to know our menu. But it does hold me accountable. And it is my quick guide when I am searching for a recipe...

Last week I did pretty good sticking with it. The one change I had to make was no grilling last night. I totally forgot that football season (namely the Razorbacks) was starting already.  We are saving that for tomorrow (Labor Day). Instead, the kids and I created our "personal pizzas" which I described in my last post.

I am still behind on recipe sharing. My goal is to share a cupcake recipe tomorrow from a very special guest cook.  My daughter. :)

Anywho, here is the menu for the week:

Sunday:  Baked sweet and sour chicken, fried rice (Apparently good stuff because it is all gone)

Monday:  A grilling smorgasbord (shrimp, beef tips, chicken)...I will share any recipes we just love, baked half potatoes, black eye peas, Katie bread

Tuesday:  Panko encrusted swai, almond rice pilaf, garlic bread, carrots/Ranch

Wednesday:  On Your Own (church night for half the crew)

Thursday:  Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, Rhodes rolls

Friday:  Dining out.  Not sure where but since we haven't in a while, we will treat ourselves.

Saturday:  Homemade pizzas (white pizza and pepperoni/Canadian bacon)

We are also having cinnamon crescent rolls for breakfast tomorrow and homemade chocolate chip cookies later this week.  

All of this is subject to change of course. 

What is on your menu this Labor Day week?

1 comment:

  1. Not exactly original this week....
    Sunday- Monday: In Conway with Mom, Jim on his own.
    Tuesday: Salad
    Wednesday: Pizza
    Thursday: Stirfry
    Friday- Wednesday: Back in Conway.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Food for Thought (Comments)