Sunday, June 10, 2012

Seasoned Swai


I have been craving Swai again recently (not to mention I love how cheap it is for our family of 6), but I was afraid I would burn my crew out on it if I keep cooking it the same way.  (I, myself, could eat the panko-encrusted version any day of the week...)

So I did a quick search via Pinterest and found a recipe for tilapia.  I thought, "Why couldn't I try this with Swai?"

And that is exactly what I did.

I was a little worried just because some of the ingredients indicated "spicy" to me which doesn't always go over well with my crew.

But thankfully it really wasn't.

It was just nicely seasoned.

And even better, it was baked.

Good flavor, low calorie. My favorite combination.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup olive oil (I actually used more like 1/3 mainly because that is where my measuring cup started...)

3 cloves garlic minced

1 tsp paprika

1 tsp ginger

fresh ground pepper (I just ground it on the spot and guesstimate...the original recipe calls for 1 tsp)

1 tsp dried mustard

1 tsp oregano

1 tsp chili powder

a pinch cayenne pepper

swai fillets (I used 6 and had plenty of seasoning)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Mix all of the seasonings in with the olive oil. 

Brush the seasoning on both sides of the swai on the parchment paper.

Pour the remaining seasoning mix over the fillets on the baking sheet.

Bake for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily.

I served ours over a bed of angel hair pasta. We were going to have the Oriental salad with it but there was a cole slaw incident.  So we had carrots and Ranch instead.  We also tried the new Crescent rolls with garlic/herb flavor...

I guess it was pretty good.

There were no leftovers.

Again.

:( 

Boo for me.

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)