Thursday, June 21, 2012

Grill(less) Chicken Tenderloins

I needed a good chicken recipe for tonight.  I have several I thought about making but I was in the mood to try something new.  So I decided to give this recipe a try.

I mean, it basically has four ingredients.

Four.

How can you go wrong with four ingredients?

I made this up this morning, threw it all in a ziplock bag and let it marinate until this evening.

It took about 40 minutes to cook but didn't require a lot of attention so it gave me a chance to make my mashed potatoes and heat up some rolls. I think this would be really good with rice too.

You will notice mine is "saucier" than the original recipe (site above).

I used more chicken so I double the marinade recipe which was probably too much. However, I really liked the sauce even though I didn't get the "grilled" look that the original chef did.  I poured some over my mashed potatoes.  So I am not sure I would do it much differently.

I will definitely be throwing this into our recipe rotation.  I think when school is in session, this will be a good one to make up in the morning, refrigerate to marinate, then cook when I get home.  It was easy and tasty.

Ingredients:
Boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins (I used about 12 tenderloins) or chicken breasts cut into strips...I just think tenderloins are easier to use

1 bottle of Zesty Italian dressing (the recipe calls for 1 cup which is about half the bottle...I doubled it)

2 tsp (or double if you are me :) lemon or lime juice (I used lemon because that is what I had on hand)

3 tsp honey (or double if you are me :)

Directions:
Combine all of the ingredients in a gallon ziplock bag.

Refrigerate for at least an hour.

When you are ready to cook, pour the entire contents into a large skillet.

Cook over medium heat. 

I flipped the chicken occasionally and stirred around the juices.

At first it seems really watery.

But it does thicken as it heats.

Toward the end, I kicked the temperature up a bit to a medium high since I had so much sauce.

After about 40 minutes, it should be really thick.  Really push the chicken into that thickened sauce.

It almost has a sweet barbecue taste.

Yum.

Enjoy!

Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)