Thursday, May 17, 2012

Oreo Pudding Poke Cake

When I saw this recipe (not this picture...a much prettier one) on Pinterest (of course), I just knew I had to try it.  After all, my guys think that Oreo's are a necessity in life. :)

It looked delicious.

And it is easy.

And can be made ahead of time.

And it is chocolate of course.

All the makings for a good dessert.

I actually made it last week for Teacher Appreciation Week and divided it into 2 pans since it makes so much.  But I gave them to teachers, so I never got to try it. I was really hoping that it was good.  I usually try recipes before using them for other people.  I just figured it was chocolate. How could I go wrong?

So fast forward to tonight.  It was my oldest child's turn to make a dessert. I didn't really give him a say. I just told him I had a great dessert for him and already had all of the ingredients.  When he heard "Oreo", he readily agreed.

He also readily ate it tonight.  A really large piece. And then he begged for more.

Ingredients:
1 chocolate cake mix, along with the necessary ingredients like oil, water, and eggs (I used a dark chocolate cake mix)

1 box Oreo pudding (and however much milk the box directions say to use)

crushed Oreos

Directions:
Bake the cake according to box directions.

When it is finished, take it out and let it cool a little.

Then use a wooden spoon handle to poke holes all over the cake.

Meanwhile, make the Oreo pudding.  Pour over the top of the cake, gently "pushing" the pudding down into the holes you just made.

Top with crushed Oreo's.

Then ENJOY!

Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)