Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Baked Avocado Fries

Not long ago, I saw yet another photo of a food I just HAD to try.

Baked avocado fries.

I mean, I love avocados. I love fries.  And Panko was involved.  What else could I possibly want???

However, I am not naive.

I am the only person in this house who will eat avocados.

Period.

So I chose a night we were having a light dinner (sloppy joes) and decided to treat myself to some avocado fries.


I followed the recipe I found on Pinterest fairly closely.

I have yet to figure out how to get pretty avocado wedges, especially when working around that huge pit.

So mine weren't pretty.  That and my avocado was very ripe and a little soft.

But I was determined.


Ingredients:
2 firm but ripe avocados, cut into "wedges"
1/4 cup white flour
1 tsp kosher salt (I just used sea salt)
1 large egg beaten
1 cup Panko crumbs
Grated Parmesan (optional but not really :)


Directions:
Dredge the avocado "wedges" in the white flour.

Then dip in the egg.

Next, dip in the Panko crumbs.

Place "fries" on a cooling rack that is resting on a cookie sheet.

Spray the cooling rack with a baking spray.

Spray with olive oil.  (I actually forgot and used the baking spray instead)

Bake for 20 minutes at 450.

Sprinkle with Parmesan if desired.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)