Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Corn Dip




I will preface this by saying I am not a corn person. Corn on the cob? No, thank you. Creamed corn? Gag me. About the only corn I will eat is popcorn. Like with lots of butter on it. :) Well, that was true until this came around.

This is a recipe from my sister who is an honorary guest blogger without even knowing it. Well, I mean not formally. She knows I use her recipes on here (giving her full credit of course) because I am assuming she reads this on occasion.

Anyway, this is an appetizer/party food. Corn dip. And as much as I dislike corn, I love this dip. I also love that it makes A LOT. I mean, a whole bunch. So it goes a long way. My kind of recipe.

Ingredients:
2 cans Del Monte Mexi-Corn, drained

1 can Rotel (which I have heard is a Southern thing...it is diced tomatoes and green chilies. Rotel is the brand name around here)

1/2 bunch green onions, chopped

8 oz shredded cheese (I use sharp cheddar for most everything like this; I now buy the blocks and shred it myself with a food processor)

1 cup mayonnaise

8 oz sour cream

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together.

Chill for 2 hours.

Serve with chips or crackers. (We love it with Fritos)

Enjoy!

Yes, it is that easy. And it really does make a lot.

Happy dipping!
Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)