Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Baked Oven Fries

The Sunday after Thanksgiving, we had had our fill of turkey. We decided that hamburgers, fries, and shakes would be a nice change of pace. I kept thinking about a Pinterest recipe that had caught my eye. Baked Oven Fries.

So I had hubby pick up a few Russet potatoes. I followed the recipe fairly closely since I am no fry expert.

They were a hit.

I will be making these again!

Ingredients:
3 russet potatoes (peeled and cut lengthwise into even sized wedges...okay, you can tell by looking at MY picture, I do NOT have the even size thing down yet...)

5 tbsp vegetable, canola, or peanut oil, divided 4/1 (I used a vegetable/canola combo)

3/4 tsp kosher salt (more or less to taste)

1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper (more or less to taste)

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.

Place the potato wedges in a large bowl. Cover with hot water and let soak for 10-30 minutes. I only got about 15 minutes in due to time constraints.

Meanwhile, take a large rimmed baking sheet. Spread 4 tbsp oil on the sheet (tilting it and using a pastry brush helped tremendously). Sprinkle the sheet liberally with salt and pepper.

Take the potato wedges out of the water and empty the bowl. Put the potato wedges on a plate with paper towel to dry them off. Then put them back into the bowl. Drizzle with remaining tbsp of oil. Mix thoroughly.

Spread on the cookie sheet.

Cover tightly with foil and bake at 425 for 10 minutes.

Uncover with foil, flipping the fries once they are a golden brown on the bottom.Bake an additional 10-20 minutes. Bake until golden and crisp.

Enjoy!

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)