Thursday, December 22, 2011

Candy Cane Marshmallow Pops

I am not a big marshmallow fan. I mean, I like them on Smores but that is about it. However, when I saw this "recipe" on Pinterest, I was intrigued. I loved the simplicity of the colors. Also, recently, we received a Fondue Pot from my sister/her family for Christmas. Not long ago, we used it. One of the things my sister had included in our bag of goodies was marshmallows. Big marshmallows. For the first time, I dipped a marshmallow in melted chocolate. Oh yum. How did I now know what I was missing? After that, I was determined to make this recipe.

So, the other night, I decided to create a few treats for the kids' teachers. This was one of the "creations".

Very simple.

But SOOO SOOOO good.

I wish I had saved a couple more for myself.

Ingredients:
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli because they are a favorite, but I am sure chocolate almond bark would be good too)

1 bag large marshmallows

candy canes (both crushed and whole)

Directions:
Melt chocolate according to directions on the package. I melted mine in a double broiler insert that sits on a pan of hot water on the stove.

Stir frequently.

Take mini candy canes and stick one into each large marshmallow. Now you have something to grasp hold of if needed. :)

Dip the marshmallows about halfway into the chocolate. Immediate roll in crushed candy canes/peppermints.

Refrigerate to harden.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)