Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas White Trash

Not long ago, my friend Katie (as in Katie Bread and Pumpkin Muffins) was talking about the gifts she had made for her son's teachers. He is in high school so he has many teachers. She said this was a perfect gift. Easy to make and it made a lot. Then I saw a similar recipe on Pinterest. Between the two, I was inspired. It is nothing new, but something I need to remember. It does make a lot. I had cookie sheets with wax paper all over my kitchen with this stuff on it. And though the name sounds funny, I can assure you that it tastes delicious. :)

Christmas White Trash

Ingredients:
Chex cereal
Cheerios
M and M's (I used the red/green)
mini pretzels
peanuts
almond bark (the white)

Directions:
Use a LARGE bowl.

Combine the Chex cereal, Cheerios, M and M's, pretzels, and peanuts in the bowl. Mix together.

Melt the almond bark. I only used one package but doing it again, I would use two since I used nearly a whole box of the cereals. :) I mean, I had two bowls full of goodies. I didn't feel like I had quite enough coating.

Melt the almond bark according to package directions. I melted mine in the microwave only because I was using the double boiler for dark chocolate.

Pour over the mixture.

Stir together with a large spatula.

Pour out onto wax paper on the countertop (I did mine on cookie sheets covered in wax paper just to contain it)

Let it cool/harden.

I then just scooped it up/broke it and put it into ziplock bags to go in bags with other goodies.

Easy. And delicious.

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)