Monday, June 24, 2013

Crockpot Italian Chicken and Potatoes



Someone recently mentioned on FB how much they loved chicken and potatoes in the crockpot. Of course, we asked, "With what?" She said she just used olive oil and dry Italian dressing mix...

Um, that easy?

Well, today I thought I had jury duty.  I DID have jury duty. But the trial was canceled.  I had already planned this meal with the idea that my husband could just add it all to the crockpot and turn it on around noon.  As it turned out, I was the one who did it since I was home after all.

It took me all of about five minutes to throw this together and turn that crockpot on.

And I even made my own Italian dressing.

And it was good.

Simple but good.

We will be eating this often, I think, throughout the school year when I can come home from lunch and get it started then come home later to dinner cooked. Woohoo!

I am sure you could use just a bottle of Italian dressing but I made mine homemade; it takes very little time and is VERY good.  Plus then I control what goes in it.  Oh, when I made it, I doubled the dressing ingredients because I was afraid it would be too dry.  Next time I will stick with one bottle...it was more than enough.  So this is the recipe using ONE bottle worth...

Ingredients:  
Chicken breasts (skinless, boneless...I just put frozen ones in the crockpot)
Small red potatoes, washed and quartered (I can't tell you how many, I just did it until the crockpot was fairly full)
Italian dressing (Mix together 4 oz. olive oil, 1 1/2 oz vinegar, freshly ground black peppercorns, 1/8 tsp basil, 1/4 tsp oregano, 1/4 tsp dry mustard, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp garlic salt)

Directions:
Place chicken breasts and potatoes in the crockpot.  Pour the dressing mix over the top.  Cook on low for 6+ hours.

Enjoy. :)

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)