Thursday, June 6, 2013

Amish Chicken


I can't honestly tell you what makes this chicken dish Amish. Or if it is in fact a real Amish dish.

I just know that it has been a hot recipe on Pinterest.  It looked good and easy, and I decided to give it a try.

And the verdict was...

it is a keeper.

It really took all of 5 minutes to put it together. It does take an hour and a half to bake but I don't have to be IN the kitchen for more than 5 of those minutes.

And for that, I give it five stars...

Ingredients:
4-6 chicken breasts or pieces cleaned (I used 6 boneless/skinless breasts)

1 cup flour

2 tsp garlic powder

1 Tbsp salt

1 tsp pepper

2 tsp paprika (due to our food issues here, I left that out and just added a little white pepper instead)

1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream (I actually only used 1 cup in a slight effort to be healthier :)

1 1/2 cups water (I increased it to 2 to make up for the less whipping cream...next time I won't do that. I had way too much sauce/liquid)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

Mix together the flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and paprika in a ziplock bag or a bowl.  Coat chicken in it.  (I find it easier to put it all in a ziplock and shake away :)

Place in a large baking dish.

Combine the whipping cream with the water and pour over the chicken.

Bake for an hour and a half.

I will say that after an hour mine was getting a little brown in parts so I just covered it with foil for the remaining cooking time.

We ate ours over bowtie pasta (YUM).  We also had carrots/Ranch and the butter dip biscuits I mentioned yesterday.


Worth every bite.  And calorie. :)

Reba





1 comment:

  1. Great recipe...I am going to try this gf/df...I am going to use gf all purpose flour and replace the whipping cream with Coconut milk Creme....Oh and gluten free pasta...Can't wait to try it out on my little girl... :)

    ReplyDelete

Food for Thought (Comments)