Sunday, June 2, 2013

Garlic Toast



I have been looking for a good garlic toast/bread recipe. I have tried a few but none have quite worked for me.  I used to buy a certain frozen brand but with my food sensitive kiddo, I can't do that anymore.  Thus my quest...

Anyway, last week I was really craving some so I tried yet another recipe.

And this one worked for me...

What I really like about this recipe (though I haven't done it yet) is that I can make it ahead of time and freeze the pieces then pull them out to toast when ready.

That is a goal of mine this summer.

Anywho, here is the recipe.  It calls for French bread. I used a frozen homemade version I had. (I only used half which made plenty!)

Ingredients (for a whole loaf...I halved the whole recipe):
French bread, cut into 1 inch slices

1/2 cup softened butter

1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used finely shredded)

1 tsp dried parsley

1/2 tsp garlic powder

Directions:
Mix butter, cheese, parsley, and garlic powder.

Arrange bread slices on a large cookie sheet.

Spread butter mixture over each slice.

If you want to freeze it, now is the time to stick that cookie sheet in the freezer for about an hour to let the bread freeze. Then throw them in a freezer bag and pull out as needed.

When ready to cook (from frozen or just made), preheat oven to 425.

Bake/toast for 5-7 minutes.

Enjoy!

Reba





No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)