Sunday, March 17, 2013

Middle of the Month Menus

It isn't that I am not cooking. I just haven't cooked a lot of new items lately. Or if they were, they weren't necessarily recipes I wanted to remember. :) Not bad, just not great. I typically don't share unless I really like it or my family really likes it.

And lately with the time change and my allergies/sinus issues, I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat. And I do. Often. :)

Anyway, here is the menu for last week and this coming week. I even have the week after that planned, so I might as well share that too.

And the good news (well, for me anyway)...it is spring break this week!  That means I will have a little more time during the day to try out some new recipes.  I can't wait!

Week of March 10
Sunday- Pork and Rice, homemade rolls
Monday- Baked Potato Soup, rosemary bread (will share soon...it was really good)
Tuesday- Breakfast for dinner:  waffles and bacon, smoothies (strawberry for me, watermelon slush for kids)
Wednesday- On your Own Night (date night for the grown ups. :)
ThursdayPoppyseed Chicken, wild rice/white rice mix, carrots/Ranch, Rhodes rolls
Friday- Out and About (Child 2 and I ate out since we were out of town for a volleyball tournament, and the rest of the crew went to a baseball game)
Saturday- tacos, chips and salsa, refried beans

Week of March 17
Sunday- Dinner Out (a rare treat as a family)
Monday- Sesame Chicken (new recipe), fried rice
Tuesday- Hamburger gravy with buttermilk biscuits (new recipe), hashbrown potatoes, fruit
Wednesday- On Your Own
Thursday- Chicken/Bacon/Wild Rice Soup, herb and cheese focaccia bread (new recipe), chocolate buttermilk pie for dessert (new recipe)
Friday- Homemade Pizza (some meat, some four cheese)
Saturday- Glazed pork chops (new recipe), smashed potatoes (new recipe), parkerhouse rolls (new recipe), black eye peas

Week of March 24
Sunday- Sloppy Joes (homemade sauce and buns), fries (new recipe)
Monday- Shrimp/Chicken Pad Thai
Tuesday-Sausage and Potatoes, cheese stuffed rolls, salad
Wednesday- On Your Own Night
Thursday- Crockpot Swiss Chicken and Stuffing (a kind of new recipe...I never blogged about it before), rolls or bread of some sort

Friday- Out?

Saturday- Braided spaghetti bread, salad

There you have it.

We are set.

So...

What is for dinner at your house this week? Or last week? Or next week? :)

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)