Friday, April 8, 2011

Strawberry Smoothie

Recently a friend of mine posted about making smoothies with her daughter. She made strawberry banana smoothies, I believe. That got me to thinking...it sounded yummy. The only thing is I am not that crazy about bananas. (Don't tell my kids...they will eat them all day long!) So I set off on an Internet search for a strawberry smoothie...strawberry being the only fruit.

I finally found one on Allrecipes.

Here it is with a few minor adjustments.

Ingredients:
8 strawberries, hulled...I actually have a bag of frozen strawberries in my freezer. I am typically all about fresh if possible, but when I buy fresh strawberries, they typically get chomped up in no time by my young ones. So I bought frozen and just take the ones I need. Plus I like that they are frozen which goes with the whole smoothie image :)
1/2 cup milk (I just use 1 percent since that is what we have on hand typically)
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
3 tbsp sugar
6 cubes ice (I have just been using cubes, my blender is pretty tough :)

Place all ingredients in the blender. Blend on high until it is the texture you want.

Yum.

I have been having it as part of my meal. I just eat some pistachios on the side (or tonight I had avocado and light Tostitos). Figure I am getting my dairy and fruit. :)

I promise, the mint chocolate brownie recipe is coming...soon.

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)