Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Menu...No Foolin'

I am still around.  Still cooking.  In fact, I feel like I cook all of the time.  Even my "on your own nights" usually involve some kind of cooking such as restocking the pear sauce in the fridge or baking a couple of loaves of homemade sandwich bread.  I guess this week I just didn't make as many new recipes.  (Unless you count the homemade "Peeps". :)

Anyway, here is the menu for the week.  I am excited about the foods but may be worn out by next Friday from all of the baking. What was I thinking?

Easter Sunday (today): 
Breakfast- Overnight Coffeecake (always a favorite around here)
Dinner- Ham, Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes, 7 Layer Salad, Black-eye Peas, Yeast Rolls

Monday/April Fool's Day:
Breakfast Burritos (new), fruit

Tuesday: 
Mostaciolli (an oldie but goodie), "Killer" Garlic Bread (made with homemade French Bread), Caesar Salad

Wednesday:
On Your Own Night

Thursday:
Breakfast- Peanut Butter/Chocolate Chip Muffins
Dinner- Sub Sandwiches (using homemade "sub" buns...new recipe), fruit, chips

Friday:
Pizza Bread (made on homemade ciabatta)

Saturday: 
Key West Chicken and Shrimp Kabobs, Almond rice, Garlic/Butter Rhodes loaf, Carrots/Ranch
Dessert- Chocolate Buttermilk Pie (new recipe)

So...

What is for dinner at your house this week?

Hope you had a happy Easter!

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)