Sunday, October 7, 2012

Roasted Pork Tenderloin


I was in the mood a good meal. You know, like a full meal. I had thought about ham but couldn't find what I was looking for.  So I picked up a pork tenderloin.  (Sidenote:  When did pork become so very expensive???) Then I came home and tried to figure out exactly how I was going to cook it.  Thank goodness for Google.

I found a recipe on the WW website.

Roasted Pork Tenderloin.

If you want to see a really nice food picture, go there.

I followed the recipe fairly closely, though I upped the olive oil.

And even after doing that, this is a fairly low calorie meal. Or at least this main dish was. We ate it with fingerling potatoes, rolls, and black eye peas.

Just the meal I wanted.

Oh, and the best part?

Our house smells incredible!

Ingredients:
2 lb pork tenderloin (mine was almost 2 1/2...I have a bottomless pit in my teenager :)

2 tsp dried thyme (or 2 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped)  I LOVE having fresh thyme but all of my thyme was out of time.  It was not good anymore. :( So it was dried thyme for us.

2 tsp dried oregano (or 2 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped)  Again, it was dried for us tonight...

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp onion powder (I used dried chopped onion)

1 tsp table salt (I actually did the freshly ground sea salt)

1 tsp freshly ground peppercorn

2 tsp olive oil (except I used 4)

Directions:
Spray the bottom of a shallow roasting pan.

Mix the olive oil with the spices/seasonings.  (I think you are really supposed to rub the olive oil on it then sprinkle the seasonings over it but sometimes I like to be different...)  Rub onto the tenderloin.

Roast for 30-40 minutes at 400 degrees (the thermometer should read 160 but honestly, we just sliced it and checked out the color :).

Let sit for 10 minutes then slice.

Very simple but very good.

And it makes your house smell really good.

Happy eating!

Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)