Saturday, October 6, 2012

Apple Snickers "Salad"

Another picture that does not do a food justice.

My cousin P. told me about this recipe once upon a time.

Then I kept seeing it pop up on Pinterest.

Apples.  Snickers. Caramel.  Yum.

And fairly easy.

My family loved it.  Well, except for the child who won't eat apples. And the hubby who doesn't believe in mixing apples and Snickers.

The rest of us enjoyed it.

And I am sure it is somewhat healthy since it has apples.  Right???

Ingredients:
3-4 apples (Granny Smith, Red Delicious, a combo...it is your choice.  3 was plenty for me)

1 5 oz. instant vanilla pudding

1/2 cup milk

Snickers (minis or regular size)

1 container Cool Whip

Caramel ice cream topping

Directions:
Chop apples into bit size pieces. I found it easier to use my apple slicer/corer first then chop from there.

Chop the Snickers.  I used the minis but it took a while to unwrap them. I think next time I would use about 3 regular size Snickers.  Hint:  Freeze the Snickers for a while.  Then put them in a ziplock and break with a mallet.  MUCH easier to break when frozen.

Mix together milk, pudding, and Cool Whip in a large bowl.  Add in apples and Snickers.  Top with caramel.

Chill for at least an hour before serving.

Enjoy!

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)