Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Parmesan Pull-Aparts

Yes, another Pinterest recipe. Of course, I saw the word "Parmesan" (probably my favorite kind of cheese) and I just had to try this. Had I known how easy it was, I would have made these a long time ago.

Oh, the original recipe can be found here.

I did modify this recipe some (mainly measurements) and probably would a bit more even next time.

That being said, I loved these. I liked using just regular biscuits and adding a little flavor. Hubby actually compared it to the bread at a favorite restaurant which I took as quite a compliment.

Ingredients:
1 can Grands Homestyle biscuits (I used the wheat/low fat)

3 tbsp melted butter

1 tsp garlic powder (I do love garlic but that was a LOT of garlic. I did maybe half of it? And honestly don't know that I would do that much even next time)

1/2 tsp parsley

1 tsp dried minced onion

1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (I didn't measure...I just used my rotary cheese shredder and shredded Parmesan to my heart's content. :)

1/3 cup Mozzarella Cheese (I actually did NOT use this. I didn't have any grated/shredded and I thought there was plenty to add already)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425.

In a small bowl, mix the onion, Parmesan, melted butter, garlic, and parsley.

Spread the mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch pie pan (I used glass).

Okay, I confess. I didn't do it exactly like that. I poured the melted butter into the pie dish. Then I just sprinkled the other ingredients around in it. I was in a hurry. It probably would have been more evenly spread had I actually followed directions. :)

If you are using the Mozzarella, sprinkle on top of butter mixture. Like I said, I didn't even bother with that. And I don't think I was missing anything.

Place the biscuits close together on top of the butter/cheese mixture. I had one biscuit left over. I felt bad throwing it out but I didn't feel like making a whole other pie plate with butter/cheese either.

Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.

Let stand for 3 minutes.

Turn pie dish "upside" down onto a serving plate.

Enjoy.

I sure did. :)

Reba

1 comment:

  1. That looks fabulous! I am trying a Pinterest recipe for lasagna roll ups and need a bread to go with it (well, I don't NEED a bread, but I want one:-) I might have to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Food for Thought (Comments)