Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The New Year's First Menu

I mean to post sooner than this, not that I think many of you are waiting on pins and needles for the menu for the week. Just so that I would have a plan. I do SO much better with a plan.

But sometimes life doesn't work out like our plans.

Like when you find yourself sitting by the side of the road in Mississippi with a very flat tire.

Or when you get home 2 1/2 hours later than you expected to.

Or (on a positive note) when you open your fridge and find that your mom has left some yummy leftovers that will make a perfect dinner for the next day.

So maybe it was better I didn't have my menu made up.

It would have all changed by now.

Here is my menu (hopefully). I have already been to the store, so we should be set.

Monday: We ended up eating out. Stoby's. Cheese dip and chocolate cheesecake. Not together. Oh how I love that place. And I probably wouldn't have had it if it hadn't been for that dumb flat tire. I enjoyed every bite.
Tuesday: Hopping John (that would be the yummy leftovers I mentioned from my mom), cornbread, Our Christmas Punch Note: I need to add the Hopping John recipe. I made that for my oldest's birthday dinner last month. Good stuff.
Wednesday: Sweet and Sour Chicken, Fried Rice (Pinterest Recipes)
Thursday: Bubble Up Enchiladas (Pinterest Recipes)
Friday: On Your Own night (possibly smoothies and popcorn)
Saturday: Pork Chops or Steaks (not sure which yet), Shrimp Twice Baked Potatoes (a Paula Deen recipe I cannot WAIT to try), rolls

So what is for dinner at your house this week?

Reba

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great week! Our menu is so boring compared to yours, but here goes:
    Monday- crockpot chili
    Tuesday- leftover chili
    Wednesday- salad
    Thursday- breakfast burritos
    Friday- pasta arrabiata
    Saturday- probably leftover pasta for lunch, and I'm hoping something from Wasabi for dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete

Food for Thought (Comments)