Saturday, September 24, 2011

Honey Sauced Chicken


I think I have mentioned (a time or two) that I LOVE Pinterest. I keep finding new recipes I just "must" try. And I have really been making an effort to try at least one a week. When I first saw the recipe for honey sauced chicken, I was ready to go to the store right then to buy the ingredients. But since our schedule has been busy, I had to wait about a week. I finally had a chance to try it out Wednesday.

By the way, the recipe comes from this website.

I was originally going to make it in the crockpot, but due to time constraints ended up baking it in the oven (30 minutes...done). I would like to try it in the crockpot sometime too.

So, here is the recipe...

Ingredients:
3/4 pound chicken I just used a 2 pound bag of chicken due to family size...I actually doubled everything in the recipe you see. Next time, I will use a couple chicken breasts less.
1/2 tsp salt (I really didn't measure on mine)
1/4 tsp black pepper...I used the fresh ground kind...I don't truly measure it
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/8 cup chopped onion or 1/16 cup onion flakes
1/8 cup ketchup
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes

Directions:
I will give the baking directions since that is what I did. I would encourage you to visit the site above though and read the directions for the crockpot.

Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken. Place in a pan. I had to use a 9x13 due to all of the chicken. I just notice the recipe says to dice the chicken. I didn't. I think next time I make this though I will either dice it or use tenderloins.

Mix the rest of the ingredients and pour the sauce over the chicken.

Confession: I added some sesame seeds to the top of it before putting it in the oven.

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes (I went for 30 since I had big pieces of chicken).

I served it over white rice.

My family liked this, even though I wasn't sure they would. With the red pepper flakes, it does have a little "kick" to it though it also has the sweet side with the honey. Definitely an Asian flair to it.

I will make it again. :)

Happy cooking!
Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)