Sunday, September 18, 2011

Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dessert Dip

I think I have mentioned that I have become addicted to Pinterest. I am so visual so having pictures of yummy foods "pinned" to my wall reminds me of things I want to try, whereas when I used to save good recipes to my "bookmarks", it was long forgotten. Anyway, when I saw a picture similar to the one I took today, I wanted to try it. And since we had a fellowship after church today, I had the perfect excuse.

The original recipe came from the Fake-It Frugal blog. I take NO credit for this recipe. I am just thankful someone "pinned" it and I found it. :)

Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dessert Dip
Ingredients:
1 box cream cheese (I did use the 1/3 less fat kind which I don't think is truly cream cheese but works)
4 tbsp powdered sugar
1 jar of caramel sauce (got it in the ice cream topping department)
mini chocolate chips (will comment on that soon)
1 Heath bar
apples

Directions:
Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with a mixer until well mixed.

Spread in a serving platter. I just used a glass pie dish...just the right size.

Pour the caramel sauce over the top.

Crush the Heath bar and mix together with chocolate chips (I didn't measure, just used about half a bag). Spread over the top.

Note: I couldn't find mini chocolate chips unless they were semi-sweet. I just bought regular size milk chocolate chips. However, next time I will buy the semi-sweet minis. I like that little bit of bitterness that semi-sweets offer. Milk chocolate is just too sweet for me!

I recommend letting it chill in the fridge for a while before serving.

Cut your apples (I love my apple wedger) and arrange around the dip. It looks like a beautiful sunflower.

Enjoy!

I really liked the dip. My husband wouldn't touch it. However, several people ate it at the fellowship and liked it. I will say that though I love apples and dip, I almost think this would have been even better on a graham cracker. And some people at the fellowship just ate it by the spoonful.

Happy cooking!
Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)