Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Chicken Marsala

I have always loved the taste of Marsala sauce on different meals at restaurants. So when I saw a recipe for Chicken Marsala, I knew I wanted to try it. Even better, it is a crockpot recipe...my favorite kind. This recipe is not going to be just like chicken marsala at a restaurant but it is chicken cooked with marsala wine (cooking wine), so the title fits. Oh, I don't remember where I found this recipe...probably online?

Ingredients:
  • 4 chicken breasts, cubed (Instead of cubing breasts, I used about 12 or 13 frozen chicken tenderloins instead...much easier)
  • 1 stick butter (I just use the light Blue Bonnet spread instead)
  • 8 ounces cream cheese (I used no fat which works but it doesn't "melt" as well as the regular)
  • 2/3 cup Marsala wine (I just use cooking wine from the grocery store)
  • 2 cans cream of mushroom soup (I use the low fat)
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1/4 tsp oregano
  • 1/4 tsp basil
  • 1/2 tsp garlic salt
  • salt and pepper
Directions:
Place chicken, butter, and spices/herbs in the slow cooker.

Mix cream cheese, wine, and mushroom soup. Pour over chicken.

Cover.

Cook 4-5 hours on high.

I served mine with rice, bread, and carrots/snap peas and Ranch.

The house smells good now, and I didn't get any complaints from my peanut gallery. In fact, a couple of the kids raved about it.

I love crockpot recipes.

Enjoy!

More recipes coming...
Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)