Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Seasoned Oyster Crackers

Recently a sweet parent from our school made some seasoned oyster crackers and put them in the teacher's lounge.  I made the mistake of trying a few.  And then a few more. And then a few more. Oh my goodness, they were (and are) addictive.

I think we got the recipe later and I also googled it but then when I was ready to make them, I couldn't find the recipe.  And then, light bulb...I looked in our family cookbook. And there it was.

I have to admit...this is way too easy to make.  And even easier to eat.

We are finishing up a batch from our family appetizer night earlier this week. I am so ready for it to be gone because it is such a HUGE temptation for me! I seriously cannot stop eating it.

So if you are in the mood for something a little salty, a little tasty, and not really that low calorie, this is the food for you. :)

Ingredients:
1 bag oyster crackers (12-16 oz)

1 envelope Ranch dressing mix (the dry powder...I actually use 1 Tbsp of a homemade version)

1/2-1 tsp dill weed (I used 1 tsp the first time and it was too much. This last time I didn't use any because of my first experience. I think next time I will go with 1/2 tsp to get it just right :)

1 tsp garlic powder

3/4 cup oil (I use olive oil because I LOVE olive oil...)

Directions:
Combine the oil, dressing mix, dill, and garlic. 

Spread the oyster crackers out into a large rimmed cookie sheet or a 9 x 13 baking dish. 

Pour the oil/seasonings over the oyster crackers. 

Bake in a 300 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.  Stir frequently. I actually have kept it in the oven for 25 or more minutes until most of the oil is baked into the crackers.

Store in an airtight container.

Enjoy.

I know.  Simple. But divine.

Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)