Thursday, November 10, 2011

Parmigiano Panko Herb Encrusted Chicken

After discovering the yumminess (yes, that is a word, at least in my world :) of panko with the garlicky baked shrimp, I knew I wanted to use it again. So when a recipe on Pinterest used the words Parmigiano and panko in the title, I was ready to cook.

Parmigiano Panko Herb Encrusted Chicken

The original recipe (link above) is listed though like always, I made adjustments to fit our family and our pantry. :)

Ingredients:
4-6 chicken breasts (The recipe calls for chicken breasts, then involves flattening them with a mallet. However, due to time constraints, I went the easy route. Chicken tenderloins. They are just the right size. And they cook quickly. Plus there was some with a discount since its "due date" was just about here)

olive oil (I totally used this. I LOVE olive oil)

panko flakes (I used the plain...no measurement. I just poured some in a ziplock bag)

1 /2 cups Parmigiano cheese grated (I didn't really measure. I just grated some and added it to the ziplock)

2 tbsp dried basil

salt/pepper

Directions:
If you use the chicken breasts, flatten with a mallet.

In a skillet (deep) or fryer, add olive oil. Heat on medium heat.

Mix together the Panko, Parmigiano, basil, salt/pepper. Put in a dish and dip chicken to coat both sides. (I was in a hurry. I put it all in a gallon ziplock and threw the chicken in and shook away. :)

Place chicken in hot oil (don't overcrowd) in the skillet or fryer. Fry to a golden brown color, about three minutes each side.

Let it rest before eating.

It did not disappoint. My kids LOVED it. And it was easy. That was my favorite part. :)

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)