Saturday, November 19, 2011

Grilled Cheese Rolls

Once again, not the prettiest picture.

But looks aren't everything.

The other day when I made the tomato tortellini soup, I wanted a little side dish.

I had seen these grilled cheese rolls on Pinterest.

As I read through the recipe, I thought, "Why have I never thought of that?"

I don't really have an answer.

I just know they were a big hit and I will make them again.

These are basically a different way to make grilled cheese sandwiches.

Ingredients:
bread (we use whole wheat white), crusts cut off
cheese (whatever kind you want; I just used American cheese slices
butter

Directions:
Take the bread slices (with the crusts cut off) and flatten with a rolling pin.

Place ONE slice of cheese on top.

Roll the bread up.

Place the bread in a skillet with melted butter in it.

Roll the "rolls" on occasion to butter and brown on all sides.

Cook on medium heat until cheese is melted.

Yes, that is it.

Simple. But good.

I don't know if I will ever make a grilled cheese sandwich again.

These are so much faster since I can cook several at once in a skillet.

Yum, yum.

Happy cooking!
Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)