Sunday, August 28, 2011

Zippy Paprika Chicken

So...

I forgot to take a picture until after we had started dinner. Oops!


I made this recipe once a while ago but have since lost it. Not long ago, I was moving some of the posts from my now private blog The Cloud Chronicles to the public version (without family info) at The Cloud Crew. (If you want an invite to the private version, just comment or send me an e-mail.) Anyway, I have to "proof" the entries to edit out personal info for the public blog. That is where I saw that I mentioned this recipe and how much Hunter liked it. I started searching for the recipe. I couldn't find it. I am SOOO very thankful for google. Just a few clicks of the keystrokes, and there is was...

Zippy Paprika Chicken from the Simple and Delicious magazine (one of my favorite food magazines)

I followed the recipe fairly closely.

Here is their recipe, with my suggestions/changes in ( ).
Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp paprika
  • 2 tbsp Southwest marinade mix (dry)
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp pepper (I used freshly grounded)
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (I used six because of our family size)
  • 2 tbsp Crisco® Olive Oil (I just used generic)
  • 1/4 cup water (I doubled)
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce (I doubled)
  • 5 tsp lemon juice (I doubled)
  • 1/2 cup sour cream (I doubled)
Directions:

  • In a large resealable ziplock, combine the paprika, marinade mix, salt and pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and shake to coat; refrigerate for 10 minutes.
  • In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side. I will say this took longer for me. I am not sure if it was because of the size of the chicken breasts, that my skillet was so full, or that my chicken wasn't completely defrosted. For whatever reason though, it took at least twice that amount of time. Remove and keep warm.
  • Add the water, soy sauce and lemon juice to skillet; cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream until blended. Serve with chicken.
I served this with brown rice which was a nice complement to the chicken. The chicken does have a little kick but it isn't overly spicy. My kids really enjoyed it though (and maybe hubby...he didn't say) and asked that I make it again sometime.

Thank you to Simple and Delicious for the recipe (and for having it online so I could find it again).

Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)