Saturday, August 20, 2011

Super Salad

Lately I have been in the mood for salads for lunches. When I combine them with the Strawberry Smoothie to drink and a little crusty bread/olive oil, I am a happy camper. I had a salad this summer at a restaurant that I LOVED. However, it is not convenient for me to go there often nor do I have the money to spend every time I am in salad mode.

One day at the grocery store, I thought, "Why go to a restaurant to buy a salad when I can make my own?"

This is totally cheating in some ways. I cook NOTHING for this. And it isn't anything new or terribly creative. But I will share anyway.

I just get a bag or a container of mixed greens, depending on my mood. (Spinach is a favorite). Then I add sliced avocado, grilled chicken (I buy the Oscar Meyer brand in the deli section...southwestern flavor is my favorite), sliced roasted almonds (found in the produce section at my grocery store), some croutons, and a little cheese (either Parmesan or feta). Then I top with just a little dressing; my favorite is Vidalia Onion dressing. I am not an onion person but I LOVE this dressing.

Mix together...voila!

What do you like to put on your salad?

Reba



No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)