Thursday, August 11, 2011

Oven-Roasted Potatoes

Before our vacation, I bought a big bag of red potatoes for a crockpot potato recipe. Unfortunately, life got crazy, and we didn't use them. When I returned from vacation this week, I decided to check them out. Other than an eye or two, the potatoes were in good shape. I needed something "potato" for my meal but something that could be made without a crockpot since that would be in use. I did a quick google search and found a couple recipes then ultimately used the recipe on the back of my Lipton Dry Onion Soup Mix.

I know this is not really anything new but I wanted to share anyway. I could have eaten the whole pan of potatoes by myself. Yum.

Ingredients:
3 lbs red potatoes (or regular/Idaho), washed and quartered
1/3 cup olive oil
1 envelope dry onion soup mix

Directions:
Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan (I just use cooking spray).

Place the potatoes in the pan.

Mix the olive oil and dry onion soup mix together; pour over potatoes.

Confession: It would probably easier to mix all of the above in a bowl or a ziplock bag first. Also, I added some minced garlic and fresh ground black pepper. And I added a little more olive oil just for fun.

Stir the potatoes to thoroughly coat.

Bake at 425 for about 40 minutes.

Enjoy!

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)