Thursday, August 25, 2011

Easy Chicken Enchiladas


This recipe came from my friend Leann. She and her husband had her family over one night for dinner. I couldn't stop eating those enchiladas. I don't make them often because about half of my family will eat them but I sure do enjoy them when I do. They also are great to make ahead of time (like the night before) or for meals you are delivering. Make them then bake them later.

Anyway, here are the ingredients:
2 large chicken breasts, boiled (I usually just boil some tenderloins)
8 oz cream cheese, softened (I use light)
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup chopped onion (I don't use quite that much because the kids balk at it)
2 cans red enchilada sauce (mild)
1 cup grated Cheddar Cheese (I use the 2% Mexican cheddar)
1 package tortillas

Directions:
Pour a little enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan.

Mix cream cheese and milk.

Add chicken (cut into small pieces) and onion.

Spoon 2 to 3 tbsp of chicken mixture in middle of tortillas and roll up.

I can usually fit a whole package of filled tortillas in the pan if I roll them tight enough.

Pour rest of enchilada sauce on top and then sprinkle with cheese.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

My favorite way to eat them is to dip tortilla chips into the enchiladas. I love the contrast of textures.

Enjoy!

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)