Friday, August 26, 2011

Fresh Strawberry Pound Cake



Confession: I have never made this cake. However, every year for my birthday, my mom makes this cake at my request. It is the one and only time I get to eat it during the year. That may be for the best. I could eat the whole cake. Every week. My favorite way to eat it is with a big scoop of (light) ice cream...I love them mixed together. And just for the record...NO chocolate. That is a big surprise for those who know me and my love for chocolate.

Anyway, thanks to my mom for sharing the recipe.

CAKE:
1 white cake mix
1 cup fresh strawberries, crushed
1 3 ounce package strawberry flavored Jello
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, room temperature


GLAZE:
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup strawberries, mashed


Combine cake ingredients together in a large mixing bowl; mix for 3 minutes.

Pour into a well greased and floured tube pan.

Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until cake tests done.

Cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes; remove to a serving plate.

Combine glaze ingredients until smooth and spread over cake.'

It has to be healthy, right? It has fruit in it. :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)