Thursday, April 7, 2011

Chicken Spaghetti

I actually had started a post on mint chocolate brownies. I will get to it soon. But this is fresher on my mind. And it is easier to type up. :)

We were supposed to have a "burger bundle" dinner tonight. I was all ready to make it. Then some things happened, time ran short, and I needed to do a quick change. So I went with chicken spaghetti which I had also planned for dinner this week. I am glad I did. It was easy. And even more, the kids ate it up. So much so, I will not be taking any to school tomorrow because it is gone, gone, gone. Bummer. I think even the sometimes vegetarian 3 almost 4 year old ate three or four helpings...

Oh, I got this recipe from my sister. How many times I have said that on here? She seems to find good recipes. :)

Ingredients:
2 to 3 chicken breasts (I have mentioned...I use tenderloins. I just guesstimate how many we will eat as a family, probably about a pound.)
1 small onion (I rarely have an onion on hand unless I think about it first, so I use dried chopped onion)
1 green pepper (I have mentioned where my family stands on green pepper...no peppers here)
1 dab of butter (I used cooking oil)
salt and pepper to taste)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (I use shredded because I just like it :)
1/2 tbsp garlic
a small can tomato sauce (I just buy a regular size can since I have more chicken)
1 small package Mozzarella cheese (We don't use small packages of cheese for anything :)
spaghetti noodles (I use one package...I do use wheat)

Directions:
Cut chicken into small pieces. Brown in butter or oil in a skillet.

Add onion and green pepper (or not :)and saute'.

Add salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, and garlic.

Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes.

Add tomato sauce and Mozzarella cheese.

Simmer for 10 minutes.

Serve over spaghetti noodles. (I just mix it all together in a dish)
That is it. It really is easy. And like I said, my family gobbled it up. You would think they could have saved me a small helping for tomorrow?

Here is a pic after I added a little cheese to the top just because we like cheese...

Happy cooking!

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)