Friday, August 24, 2012

Smores Dip


Monday was the first day of school.

I don't get to do a lot of the fun "first day of school" traditions a lot of families do, mainly because it is MY first day of school too. And I am plumb exhausted all day long.

But I wanted to do something special.

So I checked out Pinterest and found a recipe for Smores Dip.  Hubby doesn't care for Smores (how is that possible???) but the kids and I love them. And this was a very quick (less than 5 minutes) recipe.  How could I go wrong?

It didn't disappoint. It is taking all of the willpower I have to not go finish off the leftovers (it made a lot).  And it is actually easier to eat than real Smores are.

Ingredients:
1 can condensed sweetened milk (14 oz)
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate...my family couldn't tell a difference)
1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
graham crackers for dipping

Directions:
Place sweetened milk and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.  Microwave 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally until chocolate chips are melted. (I think mine took 1 minute)

Pour/spread chocolate mixture into a 9 inch glass pie plate.

 Drop marshmallow creme/fluff by the spoonful into the chocolate mixture.

Microwave 30 seconds.

Use a knife/spoon to spread marshmallow throughout the mixture, giving it a marbled look.

Serve with graham crackers.

Enjoy.

(We refrigerated the leftovers and just heat it up when ready to eat, though I may or may not have eaten a spoon full cold. :)

Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for Thought (Comments)